Be part of the Precision Electric Motor Works team!
Join the Precision Electric Motor Works team! You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, medical and sharing, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, direct deposit, life insurance, AD&D and short/long term disability.
Precision Electric Motor Works is a premier provider of electric motors in New Jersey, focusing on a comprehensive range of efficient and high quality products and services. We are a family-owned company and have been in business for over 30 years.
Our Current Openings
Electric Motor Winder »
Motor/Pump Mechanic »
Electric Motor Winder
We are currently looking for an Electrical Motor Winder.
Professional electric motor winder with minimum of 3-5 years’ Coil Winding of 3 phase AC induction motors and DC Armatures (both round and rectangular form type wires are assets).
Collect, read and understand winding data and connections.
Familiarity and experience with winding electrical wiring diagrams, insulation materials, brazing techniques and coil forming.
Experience with all the other types of AC and DC winding and troubleshooting capabilities are strong assets
- Work safe and be an advocate for safety.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tooling and area.
- Assembles motors and generators using a combination of hand, electric and pneumatic tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of tape measures, gauges, micrometers and torque wrenches.
- Ability to work independently, holding close tolerances, minimizing scrap all within standard routing hours and with an excellent attention to detail.
- Able to perform setup and operation of mechanical and tooling equipment with limited supervision.
- Able to follow instructions and repeat basic procedures of the Motor Assembly position.
- Moderate blue-print reading skills.
Medium level of physical demand:
- Occasional lifting 21-50 lbs, Frequent lifting 11-25 lbs, and constant lifting 1-10 lbs.
- Must be able to stand greater than 2/3 of time.
- Must successfully pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol testing.
Education / Qualification
- Two- years’ experience in large motor aprepair.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts.
- Successful testing will be required.
- Able to work overtime.
- Pay to commensurate with experience.
We are currently looking for a qualified, experienced, and versatile Electric Motor/Pump Repair Mechanic. Candidates need a great work ethic, positive attitude, high standards for quality, and the ability to work on an individual basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Duties for the Electric Motor/Pump Repair Mechanic are as follows:
- Disassemble, repair, and test AC motors and controls.
- Perform complete repair and overhaul on pumps, blowers, fans, compressors, and gear boxes.
- Use of hand and powered tools to make repairs.
- Operate forklift.
- Utilize basic electrical test equipment to troubleshoot motors and pumps.
- Read and interpret work instructions and technical manuals.
- Complete paperwork and insure product meets specifications.
- Work in a productive and efficient manner and provide ideas for improvement.
- Must know how to Megger test and ohm a motor* Must know high and low voltage connections.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS for the Electric Motor/Pump Repair Mechanic:
- Experience: Mechanical – 5 year (Required).
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required).
- Previous mechanical experience preferred.
- Experience with electric motor/pump repair preferred.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and requiring minimal supervision.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.